With the belief that rule #1 for the Hash is; "There are no rules", the Mismanagement Committee would like to make some suggestions for your trail;
- The runner's trail should have at least one stop check in order to keep the pack together. A beer/water stop is also a good idea.
- Running trails should take about 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours to run.
- Although busy roads are somewhat unavoidable, try not to set your trail so it goes down the center of a busy road.
- Be mindful of how you mark your trail and whether someone may come out later and wash it away. A rice or flower, and chalk trail is a good idea.
- Use the following markers to indicate trails;
- X - false trail
- --|||---> - chalk mark to show true trail, especially for turns in trail
- (X) - (circle with X) - stop check
- O - check
- Although more challenging, try to challenge the walkers also.
- After a check, either stop or regular, the trail should continue out in a straight line from the check.
- Also, four trail markers indicate the true trail. If you set false trails, they should die out or hit a X after three markers.
Hope this isn't too much in the way of ideas, if you have any questions, feel free to ask Leisure Suit Larry. (Just kidding, F.O. Carole and I will be glad to ask him for you.)